Dark chocolate, the yummy treat that we would all kill to consume on a regular basis…
Well, why shouldn’t we? Is dark chocolate as bad for you as you think? We’re excited to tell you that it is not (in moderation, of course)!
- Aids weight loss! Guess what? Researchers found dark chocolate to be more filling than any other kind of chocolate. Consequently, this yummy indulgence can help lower your cravings for sweet, salty and fatty foods! Treat yourself to some dark chocolate to prevent those cravings!
- Antioxidant-rich. Dark chocolate is chock-full of antioxidants such as catechin, polyphenols and flavonols. These antioxidants help lower blood pressure, and can leave you feeling healthier than you ever have!
- Delicious AND Nutritious. Many can’t resist the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate. In addition to its flavor, it is also loaded with soluble fibers and minerals. 50 grams of dark chocolate contains 5.5 grams of fiber – plus, Magnesium, Iron, Copper and Manganese. Get energized!
- Sun protection. The flavonols in dark chocolate are wonderful for blood flow, the skin and hydration. Bite into some dark chocolate if you plan to hit the beach!
- Brain booster! On top of its hydration power and ability to improve your skin, antioxidant flavonols can increase brain power. The caffeine and theobromine in the cocoa also helps!
Before you shake your head at eating dark chocolate, take these benefits into consideration! It is perfectly OK to indulge from time to time. However, it is important to consume this treat – like all others – in moderation! It DOES have unwanted calories, you know!